Sunday, November 02, 2014

A wonderful week


Morey-St-Denis in the autumn sunshine

I got back from Burgundy last night and now have lots of blogging to do! ACC and I visited 13 domaines over 5 days - he visited a few more on top of that, but he's a pro whereas I'm only an amatrice and need my recovery time. We mostly focused on the 2013 vintage which seems to be looking good, with finely-tuned, pretty reds and well-rounded attractive whites. Très jolie!

We had great weather - a bit cold and foggy in the mornings but when the fog lifted it quickly became quite warm and the vineyards were looking beautiful in the autumn sunshine. There was a wonderful sunset which was just fading as I caught the slowest train imaginable from Dijon to Beaune on Sunday evening. ACC kindly collected me from the station and I deposited my luggage at the gite, which was a new discovery right in the centre of town - convenient but also spacious and tastefully decorated! Then it was off for a quick pre-prandial at Route 66 on Place Carnot before moving on to La Ciboulette, best place in Beaune for dinner on a Sunday evening. It was good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment