Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Domaine Dussort, 4th Jan


We had an excellent lunch at le Chevreuil in Meursault, but failed to have the house speciality, hot terrine, so I guess we'll have to go back another time for that. The highlight for me was when I heard a miaow indicating that the hotel cat had wandered into the restaurant. The owner tried to sweep it out again but I was able to entice it to come over to say hello first.

After that, we searched in vain for a boulangerie that might be open, but even the supermarket in the square was pretending to be closed, so we made our way empty-handed down the slope to Domaine Sylvain Dussort. I'd managed to lose my pen, so was unable to take proper notes, but I can record that this was my second visit to the domain, and we tasted the range of 2008 wines ranging from Bourgogne Blanc Cuvee des Ormes to the Meursault le Limozin, which is a highly-regarded lieu-dit. They're all good wines and very good value compared to the better-known producers of Meursault.

No comments:

Post a Comment