Sunday, March 25, 2018

Battle of the reds...


I mentioned in my last post that I recently took delivery of a couple of reds, which have been going down a storm at AduV Towers, First is this Coteaux Bourguignon 2016 from Chapuis & Chapuis. We had some of the 2017 at the recent dinner with Romain Chapuis.


G and I drank some of the 2016 the other night with a rack of lamb. G commented that on the nose you immediately think "natural Gamay" as it has a slightly feral quality. For me it was pure and pretty with lovely ripe fruit. It had a sweetness to it but also good acidity, and reminded us of tinned fruit salad, currants and red cherries. We thought I should tuck a bottle away for a year, although I'm not sure I'll manage to do that!


The other red is more my thing than G's - this Gorge Rouge 2014 from Domaine des Josephins. Possibly the name of the domaine may have encouraged a favourable disposition on my part.


This is pinot noir, and again made in a pretty natural way. For me, it is light and succulent with red fruits. At first I thought it was raspberry but then I landed on cranberry due to a certain mouthwatering quality. Definitely a wine with good acidity.

At 12.5%, both these wines are very easy to drink and are giving immediate pleasure. Thanks to ACC for finding them! And in other news, I have finally joined Instagram (here) We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment