Saturday, November 26, 2016

Tasting at the Multiple Store, 22nd November

On Tuesday I made my way over to Holborn Viaduct for an informal wine tasting hosted by ACC in a pop-up art gallery, the Multiple Store.

Action shot of a black cab
This was the line-up, which included several familiar-looking bottles.



This one was new to me, a Bourgogne Blanc 2014 from Chapuis & Chapuis, which I thought was drinking very well now. It was elegant with good acidity and I got a sense of lime cordial on the finish. At just 11.5% this went down very easily.


I also enjoyed this viognier from Domaine des Josephins (no relation) which I thought would go well with Chinese or Thai food. It was also relatively low in alcohol at 12.5% but you wouldn't have guessed.


This Cote de Brouilly from Domaine Trichard had a fruity nose and was calling out for sausages. Then it was time to look at some art...



A sparkly sea bream skeleton for Christmas, anyone? If you want one, better get down there quickly as the gallery is only there till today. Thanks to the Burgundy Portfolio and the Multiple Store for a fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment